Morin ? Morin Flats ? Morin Heights ?

Our community was officially the ‘Municipality of the South Part of the township of Morin’ from its incorporation in 1855 until 1950, when it became Morin Heights. The official Quebec Gazette noted the change on April 1, 1950. The original township, Morin, included parts of Ste-Adèle, Val-David and Val-Morin. In 1855 the township was divided, and the part that’s now Morin-Heights became the “Municipality of the South part of the township of Morin.”

Continue Reading →